Preparing for Adulthood Programs
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is for school/college tutors, training/care providers and other educators working with learners with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities).
These webinars provide training for all Preparing for Adulthood programs. These courses have been developed for people of determination (learners with moderate, severe or profound special educational needs and disabilities).
What are the Preparing for Adulthood programs?
- New Horizons is an activity-based curriculum resource that has been written to support the delivery of PSHE, Citizenship and Careers/Work-related education for learners aged 9-13.
- Transition Challenge provides a framework for developing and accrediting independent living and personal skills for learners aged 14-16. There are two versions:
- Sensory (for PMLD learners)
- Introduction and Progression
- Towards Independence has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It features modules on Communication and Numeracy, Creative and Cultural Studies, Independent Living, Sport and Leisure, Citizenship/PSHE and Work Related Skills.
- Workright has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It provides a framework to develop a range of basic transferable employability skills. It can be used in a variety of settings.
Webinar structure and objectives
This webinar will give you all the information you need to introduce and develop the appropriate program in your establishment. Practical details and case study examples will be provided by an ASDAN representative.
If you would like to receive training via webinar, please contact Karen Hudspith, International Development Manager.
Preparing for Adulthood webinars
There are no events currently scheduled