Preparing for Adulthood Programs
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for school/college tutors, training/care providers and other educators working with learners with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
These workshops provide training for all Preparing for Adulthood Programs. These courses have been developed for people of determination (learners with moderate, severe or profound special educational needs and disabilities).
What are the Preparing for Adulthood programs?
- New Horizons is an activity-based curriculum resource that has been written to support the delivery of PSHE, Citizenship and Careers/Work-related education for learners aged 9-13.
- Transition Challenge provides a framework for developing and accrediting independent living and personal skills for learners aged 14-16. There are two versions:
- Sensory (for PMLD learners)
- Introduction and Progression
- Towards Independence has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It features modules on Communication and Numeracy, Creative and Cultural Studies, Independent Living, Sport and Leisure, Citizenship/PSHE and Work Related Skills.
- Workright has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It provides a framework to develop a range of basic transferable employability skills. It can be used in a variety of settings.
Workshop structure and objectives
This workshop will give you all the information you need to introduce and develop the appropriate program in your establishment. Practical details and case study examples will be provided by an ASDAN representative.
Workshops in Dubai
Full-day workshop, 8.30am – 2.30pm
£295.00 for the first delegate
Additional delegate rate: £235.00
Preparing for Adulthood Workshops
|DUBAI BRITISH SCHOOL, UAE
||Preparing for Adulthood
||17th Apr 2020